Wednesday, December 05, 2007

NUBE: Boycott Maybank


Went to Bukit Bintang during lunch time just now, met some NUBE members demonstrating outside Maybank Bukit Bintang Branch demanding for 30% pay increament plus maintaining 2 months contractual bonus.

NUBE claims that Maybank robs not only the workers, but also us. See the below figure, then you will understand why they claimed that! NUBE will start publishing such information every two weeks.

Maybank charge us RM12 for ATM card yearly fee while other banks RM8 mostly.

Maybank charge us ATM transaction RM0.50/transaction after 4th transaction in month (other bank FOC). I called it rob the poor for rich people. To enjoy FOC transaction with unlimited in a month, your account need to have minimum RM5,000. Do you ever wonder how many percent of accounts have such minimum saving of 5K?

Maybank charge us RM0.50 for utilities online payment while other banks FOC.

Lastly, this is what NUBE told us:

ACT NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

2 comments:

Ally said...

I'm looking forward to the next edition. I have hated Maybank for the longest time. Change mailing address took me two months, many phonecalls and finally one explosive letter to the Branch Manager...all because I'm not informed of a certain procedure. Then credit card at first tell me no charge, no fees. After 6 months, start charging. Use less than RM300, charge, pay one day late, charge. F***ers.
I want to close my account already la!

Kean Hong said...

my saving acc. also being chraged for dunno what purposes. Those 35c, 75c etc fee. Fark!

the only way to boycott them is to buy over them. But need the help of all Malaysian la. Too exp to purchase, worth RM44b.