Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ijok: Hooligans

I have never in my life, expected of all people in Malaysia, that this could happen to me. And happened it did on that terrifying day 21 April 2007 in Ijok. I was on a photography assignment that day with Jeff Ooi. His account of the incident HERE and HERE. To cut the story short, Jeff and myself were invited to have lunch in a small Malay eatery with Tan Sri Dato' Khalid Ibrahim, the Parti KeADILan Rakyat candidate standing for the State by-election in the Ijok constituency in Selangor.


I have travelled all over the nooks and corners of Malaysia (even Sabah and Sarawak) in pursuit of my photography work and never once have I ever been intimidated or harassed by local folks even in the deepest of rural kampung villages.


Read more here by the photographer himself and orientaldaily

(依約21日訊)依約州議席補選再傳暴力事件! 人民公正黨候選人丹斯里卡立依布拉欣與助選團今午在一間茶餐室用膳后乘車離去時,遭一批年輕人攔車,並以礦泉水瓶攻擊,致傷一名業余攝影師。

No comments: